Saturday, December 24, 2011

If my registration is out of date, can I still turn in my lease/smart buy car?

I moved out of state recently, but my smart buy on my cadillac is coming up here in a month or so. My state registration is expired, and obviously I dont want to go thru all of the hassle of getting it switched over to the new state just to turn in the vehicle this next month. Will a dealership accept a lease/smart buy car with an out of date registration? Thanks!!|||You would have to get the car to a local dealer to turn it in, but once you do that, it does not have to have a current registration.





You could tow the car in, or take the chance of driving it to the dealership with dead tags. You could also contact the dealership where you are going to be turning the car in, and see if they could help you (possibly for a fee) by riding with you to pick up the car, and them driving it back to the dealership on a dealer tag.|||it shouldnt be a problem, they need to have the vehicles inspected and then notify the state that it has been turned in anyway|||Your actual lease documents would supply this information. If lost, go online and look up a copy of the Lease agreement, again, it should supply the terms that are required for returning a vehicle.|||drive out tags or temp tags so one can drive most dmv can get one thats good for 14 days|||Talk to the dealship so you know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment