Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Does anyone know if and where the Smart Car is selling in the US?

A friend just sent me this information and I have been thinking about replacing my old compact for a couple years though it still runs well as the gas mileage is lower than the newer ones. Have you seen the SmartCar, it's looks like a clown car but they get about 60 miles to the gallon. I don't think they are selling them in the US but we are only about 15 miles from the Canadian border and you can buy them up there. There are quite a few around here, in bright colors. The small one is a two-seater and they have a bigger one that holds 4. They run about $8,000, but I don't think the US will allow them a dealorship because they just don't use much gas.|||Smart Car is going to sell in the US, but as far as I know the marketing strategy and where it will sell has not been finalized. I think you will see it in the top 100 cities where Mercedes has a stronghold. You will not see this in rural areas unless people go to a big city and buy it. I have read, that as far as a car goes, it's a decent vehicle, but let's see once it's here in the US. Definitely a city dweller vehicle.|||yes the smart car is becoming available in the USA, but isnt it a bit too small for USA roads and highways, I d be really frightened to use it there, what with all those Hummers and big SUVS and such. Sort of car you drive around New Yorks Central park as a warden or something. Way too small !|||not which one u mean but there is a dealer in Palm Beach Fla selling some sort of mini car similar to one in the movie "Just Married"|||There's an RV dealer on the south side of Reno, NV who's selling Smart cars, but I think he imports them from Canada and sells them as used cars. I guess they'd be OK for driving around the city, but I wouldn't want to think about trying to do any long-distance trips in one...

No comments:

Post a Comment