Friday, December 16, 2011

Will you purchase the Smart Car when it comes out in 2008?

The Smart Car will make its American debut next year and I was wondering if anyone will be buying this car that will get 43 miles per gallon, is 8 feet long and only fits 2 people. Mercedes Benz will be manufacturing it.|||I LOVE SMART CARS@!!!!! When i lived in Germany I heard great things about them. Saw them all over the place!They are safe despite the small size. They are really cute %26amp; easy. The only thing that would keep me from buying one is the price. If it is too expensive, I won't be able to purchase one. BUt I WOULD LOVE too!!!!|||not a chance,...i will not risk my life to pacify tree huggers..|||I would, but who wants to get hit by a semi in that thing?|||No but I really want one of these Amphicars!|||I know this car from Europe. It's really small but fuel efficient and easy to park. The trunk is also very small (just few grocery bags you can fit). What I think it all depends from the price and Mercedes Benz's marketing. It could be a good car for somebody who is single and live in the city or a second (or even third) car in the family. So there is some space on the market for this type of car but I don't think it's gonna be a bestseller.


However I wouldn't buy it. Not my type.|||This is the dumbest idea I have ever seen -


Worse than Kia rio


Geo Metro


YUGO





and I bet they're going to want about 20,000.00 for it.





wanna see some crash testing ???? :


http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=鈥?/a>


CAN YOU SAY NO LEGS ????





I wouldnt mind the one on youtube with the gsxr 1000 engine in it, but I still wouldn't wanna be seen in it.


http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=鈥?/a>|||we have the smart cars in canada now for three years....expensive car for what you get...it has the cute factor and not much else going for it....think of it as a ride on mower for two|||no way.It's 2 UGLY.|||i might buy one and turn it into a mud slinger put 55 inch mud tires on it and raise it up about 5 feet and make it look stupid(er) there is not a chance i would drive it on the interstate. and then i would race it with my 4wheelers|||I see this car making it in the inner city (like New York, Chicago, Detroit, D.C., Atlanta) where the parking is minimal, the speed is minimal, and you need to get from point a to point b in a short amount of distance and time.





As for outside of the beltway, I don't see anyone driving this little tin can on a big American 6 lane highway with a semi barrelling down behind it.





And, I don't see parents buying one for their kids, where safety would be more important.





I have seen many of them already, and mostly they are used by businesses and local governments (parking lot usage)





It has its place, but I think limited at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment