Saturday, December 24, 2011

Am I too tall for a smart car?

I am just over 6 foot tall and very wide. Could I get into a smart car?|||Don't worry about fitting in the Smart Fortwo. I know that it will certainly fit you just right. I am 6'1" and I fit in my small-yet-roomy, blue-colored Smart Fortwo "Passion Coupe package" just fine, and still have a few inches of headroom and lots of elbow room to spare.





The Smart Fortwo is:


8.8 feet long (you can usually fit 2 Smart Fortwos in an average parking spot!)


5.1 feet tall (the Smart still has as much headroom as most luxury cars!)


5.1 feet wide (this can fit two 6 foot 5 inch plus people side by side with enough shoulder room to spare!)








Note for the one saying it is not prepared for freeway driving:


The Smart Fortwo's 70hp/68lb-ft 1.0-liter engine may seem slow power-wise, yet it can go up to 90 miles per hour. And even though it accelerates somewhat slower than most sub-compact cars (around 12.8 seconds), still that is enough to drive on the freeways too!


Sure it is smaller than most cars in the USA (even the Toyota Yaris), but it has loads of safety features to make it as safe as any larger car.|||sure = u can fit.





but the smart car





is not ready for the real world.





if you want to drive it around town that's ok





but if you need to travel on the interstate your in for a rude awakening.





get a Honda fit





1. Honda Fit (base) - $15,385





2. Mazda 3i Sport (sedan) - $17,205





3. Hyundai Elantra SE - $17,945





4. Volkswagen Jetta S - $19,865





5. Hyundai Sonata GLS (4-cyl.) - $20,095


(consumer reports)|||Yes.


I am 6 foot tall and wide and I fit. There was lots of room.


The newer smaller cars have more headroom than big cars.





That is because they made the smaller cars taller, but thinner in width and shorter in length.


Smaller cars are taller so that they have more room.|||I am from Los Angeles, I have lived in Sydney, Australia, and currently live in Germany. Both countries have had the smart car for years. I was recently in the US on vacation and saw that you can now purchase these cars there, I think it's a brilliant idea. First of all, YES, you can fit in it, Germans love this car and I see people over 6 feet tall getting in them all the time. Smart cars ARE in fact ready for the 'real world' because they have existed in it for quite some time. I see them on the Autobahn from time to time, and while they are in the slow lane, they do just fine. If you want one, more power to you. The one offered in the states currently resembles what we call the "SmartForTwo" in Europe, we also have a "SmartForFour" and a little Smart roadster type vehicle. So keep you eyes out for those as well, they will inevitably live stateside.

No comments:

Post a Comment